Sunday, 20 March 2011

#lisbkchat: Librarianship book discussions online

I "listened" with half an ear to the #catbkchat Celine took part in last week on Twitter.  Although I haven't read the book so wasn't really following, I think it's a great idea and was wondering if any librarians/info pros out there would be interested in doing a more general #lisbkchat?  The idea would be that we pick a book to read, pick a day to discuss it and basically have an online librarianship book club.  My personal vote would be to start with something related to information literacy since I'll be eating, sleeping and breathing that stuff over the next few months for my dissertation anyway.  Anyone up for it?  And if so, any suggested book titles to start with?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Niamh,

    Good idea but where to start?

    Christine Bruce's Informed Learning might be a good one. I am reading it at the moment and would recommend it.


    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susie,

    Thanks very much for the suggestion, I'll see if I can get my hands on it. The one I have in my hand at the moment is Mackey & Jacobson's Collaborative Information Literacy Assessments, which uses case studies to look at how information literacy has been assessed in different fields of study.

    Maybe the best thing to do is see if there's any more interest in the subject, use polls to pick book and day and go from there?

    Niamh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Niamh,

    You can find a review of the book you mention in the Journal of Information Literacy- available at:
    http://ojs.lboro.ac.uk/ojs/index.php/JIL/article/view/BR-V4-I2-2010-1/1493

    Best

    Susie

    ReplyDelete