Friday, 28 January 2011

Library Day in the Life - Thursday

This post is part of the Library Day in the Life project, in which librarians share what they really do. For anyone new to this blog, I'm Assistant Librarian in a faculty library at the University of Cambridge.

Things have settled down a bit here now that we're a full week back into term.  We're still busy, which is great, but I also actually sat at my desk yesterday! In between the usual issue desk stints, I finished that reference I've been talking about, gave it to the colleague for her funding application, ordered some books (although the system kept crashing), wrote a blog post for the library blog about the Ask Shakespeare event, checked copyright for a book chapter to be added to the Camtools (our VLE), attended a meeting to plan a Food for Thought event which will take place next June, chatted with colleagues about their jobs so I have a better idea of how things fit together, did a bit of shelving, looked at websites with a colleague (in preparation for redesigning ours!) and prepared for and attended a review meeting with my librarian.

Busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment