Monday, 9 August 2010

Podcasting

I used to listen to podcasts on a daily basis on my way to and from work - until I mislaid my ipod (it's got to be in that house somewhere!)  It was great for following programmes that were on at awkward times, such as the arts and Irish language programmes on "mainstream" channels.  As mentioned previously, my first library job was at the Contemporary Music Centre which was one of the first arts organisations in Ireland to use podcasts to promote what they did.  I've mentioned podcasting and Youtube at CMC already as part of the medical library programme.  I think podcasts are most useful if they provide regular features from the library, such as a series of talks, rather than as library tours.  I am open to that idea though, has anyone used them and found that they've worked for this purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment