Thursday, 12 August 2010

A coordinated and strategic approach to LIS Research

As my faithful readers know, I am about to start the dissertation part of my MSc at Aberystwyth.  I was very interested to hear about the LIS Research Coalition, and particularly like the sound of this "coordinated and strategic" approach that they're facilitating.  I would have loved to go to their recent conference, but unfortunately the student opportunities seemed targetted at PhD students only - fair enough, but that ruled me out.  I'm following the Twitter feed and I think it's great that they pull together information about funding and research results.

Here's my question: I'd like to contribute usefully to LIS Research, so went looking to see if they have come up with research priorities.  I don't see any on the site - are there any?  I think what they're doing is really valuable, I'm just not sure how I can fit my research into this strategic approach.  What am I missing?  Any help would be wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. I've now had some advice via Twitter (already!) so here it is, for anyone else that's interested:

    Have a look at p.8 of http://www.ifla.org/files/hq/papers/ifla76/87-hall-en.pdf

    Look at the Slideshare account, http://www.slideshare.net/LISResearch

    Talk to Hazel Hall of the LIS Research Coalition, @hazelh and Alan Poulter at CILIP LIRG.

    Thanks @bikerbid and @LISResearch

    ReplyDelete