Tuesday, 13 July 2010

Follow that........ reader!

I had had a slight problem doing this one because I wasn't working last week.  Luckily, I have had experience of some of these tasks before.  My very first library position was as a music library assistant at the Contemporary Music Centre in Dublin.  In this position I photocopied and bound scores of music by Irish composer for use in the library and for sale.  Photocopying and binding are therefore second nature to me.

Wireless access in the library, as mentioned before, is something I avail of nearly every Friday.  I have also had the pleasure of helping Medical Library users to add printing credit to their library accounts and to scan documents.  The scanner was easy to use, but I think it's a pity that there's no option to scan the image as a pdf.  I would recommend installing Irfanview or similar software on the computers to address this problem.

For extra credit (as Ange Fitzpatrick is fond of calling it), the Medical Library does have the following books, recently requested by a user:
  1. Imaging picture tests for the MRCPCH / A.P. Winrow. WN 18.51.1
  2. 250 questions for the MRCPCH part 2 / J.L. Robertson, A.P. Hughes. WS 18.115.1
  3. Get through MRCPCH part I : BOFs and EMQs / Nagi Giumma Barakat. WS 18.117
  4. Data questions for the MRCPCH Part 2 / J.L. Robertson, A.P. Hughes. WS 18.76
  5. MRCPCH part 2 paediatric : practice exams / P. Gringras, D.K. Pal, M. Greenberg. WS 18.92
  6. Paediatric grey cases for the MRCPCH / Alan C. Fenton ... [et al.]. WS 18.86
  7. MRCPCH part 2 : questions and answers for the new format exam / Kate H. Creese, Colin V.E. Powell and Patrick H.T. Cartlidge. WS 18.125.1
We do not appear to have the following:
  1. Towards MRCPCH Part II theory examination / Tapabrata Chatterjee M.D. (Author), Suraj Gupte M.D. (Editor)
  2. Questions for the MRCPCH Part 2 Written Examination / Nick barnes & Julian Forton
  3. MRCPCH Part 2 Practice Exams / Giles Kendall & Ian Pollock

2 comments:

  1. I had the same trouble with those 3 - they must be really inaccurate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually pretty sure they're just not there - searched elsewhere to check exact title, authors etc and still no luck.

    ReplyDelete