Friday, 25 June 2010

Working with Wikis

This is pretty new to me because I had never actually edited a wiki before starting 23 Things. I like the idea for collaborative working, and as Anne suggests it's a great option internally for staff/web manuals and other information that needs to be shared.  Since I have now registered with PBWorks, I have added my blog to the UK Library Blogs wiki - maybe others would like to as well.
Wikis have also been used in educational settings, for example I know of Irish language courses that set assignments involving translating articles into Irish and adding them to VicipĂ©id.  I'm not sure how useful it would be as a teaching resource for training students and other library users though, I think I'll need to think about that a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment