Friday, 28 May 2010

iGoogle Revisited

I am one of the fools ones attempting to do #cam23 alongside #cammed23.  Glutton for punishment, I know, but actually I don't think it will be too bad.  There seems to be a bit of overlap and I have done some of the things before.  Besides, I'm hearing things about certs and vouchers, how can I resist?  We'll see how far it goes.

So, a second look at iGoogle to add the new requirements.  I have already set up set up an iGoogle homepage and added tabs, added 'stuff' and RSS feeds to the tabs, compared iGoogle to Netvibes and Pageflakes and looked at alternative RSS readers for the medical version of 23 Things.

Now I've added a library tab as well, including COPAC and other useful resources to it.  I did a search for other library-related gadgets and found quite a few libraries with catalogue access widgets (including two for Cambridge), one that picks a children's book each day, and one that lets you track when your library books are due back.  Must look into that one more closely, could be useful given the number of libraries I borrow from!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads-up on the children's-book-a-day widget - I've just added it to my iGoogle page! :)

    ReplyDelete